Our Client’s Critical Systems team’s mission is to play a key role in making buildings more energy efficient, sustainable and cost effective to operate – and we pride ourselves on our exemplary track record of designing innovative and sustainable mechanical and electrical solutions, that minimise the use of natural resources.
The team are a source of world leading expertise – and offer a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development, and professional excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and client focused Electrical Building Services Engineer to join our team at our office in Dublin to play a leading role in ensuring the successful delivery of innovative electrical design solutions for some of the most exciting and high profile critical systems/data centre projects in Ireland and internationally.
With a main focus on the Critical Systems field, and additional opportunities to contribute across variety of sectors such as Education, Commercial, Healthcare, and Retail, you will work in team of expert engineers and technicians, and interact with colleagues of various disciplines to manage the delivery of technically-excellent, profitable projects.
Educated to degree level (minimum level 8) in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering (MEng or BEng or equivalent), you will have gained experience in an Electrical Engineering role within the power systems field preferably in a data centre/critical systems context (electrical distribution and power generation systems etc.).
You will have experience of detailed co-ordination with other design disciplines, and will be well versed in the theory behind and use of relevant design software including Amtech (or similar) software.
You have proven ability in producing schematic diagrams, fault and discrimination studies, preparing specifications and project reports, carrying out site inspections and surveys, and detail design development, and crucially – you have a passion for accurate design of power systems.
Given the collaborative and client focused nature of this role, excellent communication and project management skills are essential.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage engineering projects and co-ordinate resource and activities to achieve short-term time and financial targets
- Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate technical software
- Co-ordinate input from other disciplines and specialisms as required
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with clients’ briefs
- Supervise and co-ordinate the production of technical drawings
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with Operational Procedures
- Attend and participate in client and (internal and external) project meetings
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against Cundall’s specification, and highlightissues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary
- Report regularly to relevant Associate(s) on the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets
- Correspond with external third parties (eg clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
- Comply with project management, Operational (QA), Environmental and Health and Safety procedures
- Provide training and coaching to less experienced staff
- Proactively manage own continuing professional development (including, where appropriate, actively pursuing Chartership with an appropriate professional institution).
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Day-to-day co-ordination and supervision of the activities of a small team.
- Monitoring progress against project plans and budgets, identifying potential issues and referring them to a more senior manager.
- Supporting the development of less experienced team members.
- Checking the work of less experienced staff, in accordance with Operational Procedures.
- Representing the business at meetings with third parties.
- Pro-actively managing own professional development within the framework provided by accredited training agreements.