Merit Medical Systems, Inc. is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right Production Operator candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies.
The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Performs a variety of medical assembly and processing tasks as a production team member.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Assembles medical products on an assembly operation, performing a variety of tasks on a rotating basis.
- Ability to rotate through the assembly line.
- Performs on-line and in-process visual inspection of products to ensure specifications per work order and procedure are followed.
- Assists Team Leader and Technicians with product and/or machine change-overs.
- Ensures product assembled meets quality standards.
- Rejects product outside of specifications.
- Adheres to safety standards.
- May operate a variety of testing equipment required for periodic product and process testing.
- Performs other related tasks, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting — Not to exceed 50 lbs. — local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
- Chemical vapors
- Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a high school diploma or certificate of leaving.
- Demonstrates competencies and ability to rotate in a specific assembly line or work cell.
- Perform a variety of assembly tasks requiring dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Visually check work performed and identify whether a product has been assembled correctly.
- Follow instructions in performing repetitive tasks.
- Attentiveness in performing tasks.
- Work as a team member in assembling sterile medical products.
- Meet line rate expectations.
- Six months of experience.
- Medical product assembly/eye-hand coordination
- Assembly line rotation
- Quality inspection
- Computerized test equipment operation