Our Client’s Building Services team’s mission is to play a key role in making buildings more energy efficient, sustainable and cost effective to operate – and we pride ourselves on our exemplary track record of designing innovative and sustainable mechanical and electrical solutions, that minimise the use of natural resources.
The Building Services team are a source of world leading expertise – and offer a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development, and professional excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Electrical Engineer to join our Dublin office, to play a leading role in the design of some of the most exciting built environment projects in Ireland and internationally.
As a key figure in our established team of expert design engineers and technicians, and working closely with colleagues of various engineering disciplines, you will oversee the preparation and delivery of detailed engineering designs using Amtech and Dialux.
You will take responsibility for the management of projects and to achieve financial and time deadlines – attending and leading project and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation and coordination of work.
In this key and varied role you will also have the opportunity to work across a variety of sectors such as Healthcare, Retail, Worplace and Critical Systems.
Having gained relevant experience in an electrical engineering role within a building services context (electrical distribution and power generation, lighting design, security systems etc), and experience of detailed co-ordination with other design disciplines, you are already well versed in the use of relevant design software including Amtech and ideally, Dialux.
You have experience overseeing the work of more junior colleagues, and have proven ability in producing low energy design solutions, carrying out site inspections and surveys, detail design development. Crucially – you possess a passion for creative and intuitive design.
Given the collaborative and client focused nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
Chartered status is desirable.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage engineering designs in line with client brief and/or other project requirements
- Review and provide feedback on designs produced by more junior staff
- Monitor resourcing requirements for projects and provide feedback to Associates / Partners
- Under the guidance of a more experienced manager, contribute to the day-to-day management and control of projects (including commercial and financial management, project management, and compliance with QA, environmental and health and safety procedures)
- Provide training and coaching to more junior staff, including acting as a mentor to support those pursuing membership of professional institutions
- Attend internal and/or external marketing and business development events as appropriate
- Contribute to the preparation of submissions and fee bids
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Contribute to Practice-wide technical initiatives (such as the development of technical standards, software development, knowledge sharing etc)
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Lead role in relation to the technical delivery of projects, and provision of technical supervision,guidance and coaching to less experienced staff.
- Checking and/or verifying the work of less experienced staff, in accordance with Operational Procedures.
- Recognised point of contact for clients on projects, acting as second-in-command to the PM.
- Under the guidance of a more experienced manager, significant contribution to the financialmanagement of projects, including the provision of information for “month-end completions”,invoicing and debt management activities.
- Some contribution to people management activities including recruitment and selection and performance appraisal. May have line management responsibility for a small number of staff.