Our Client’s Building Services team’s mission is to play a key role in making buildings more energy efficient, sustainable and cost effective to operate – and we pride ourselves on our exemplary track record of designing innovative and sustainable mechanical and electrical solutions, that minimise the use of natural resources.
The Building Services team are a source of world leading expertise – and offer a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development, and professional excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and client-focused Electrical Building Services expert to join our team at our office in Dublin, to play a leading role in ensuring the successful delivery innovative electrical design solutions for some of the most exciting building projects in Ireland and internationally.
Working across a variety of sectors such as Education, Commercial, Healthcare, Retail and Critical Systems, you will lead a team of expert engineers and technicians, and work closely with colleagues of various disciplines to manage the delivery of technically-excellent, profitable projects.
You will develop new and nurture existing outstanding client relationships that maximise satisfaction and ensure repeat business, and will use your wealth of expertise and determination to manage, motivate and inspire less experienced engineers.
A Chartered Engineer, educated to degree level in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering, and having gained vast experience in a Electrical Engineering role within a building services context, you have proven your technical expertise in relevant design software, and have a portfolio of experience demonstrating your quality and client focussed approach.
In your most recent position you have consistently demonstrated your ability to manage multiple large scale projects and teams to deliver to, and exceed client expectations, and crucially – you have a passion for creative and intuitive design.
Given the collaborative and client focussed nature of this role, excellent communication and project management skills are essential.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the preparation of fee proposal documents and fee calculations
- Establish design concepts to ensure that designs are appropriate, deliverable and consistent withthe client’s brief
- Monitor and manage (human) resourcing requirements for projects
- Take responsibility for the technical control of projects, to ensure that all designs are technicallysound and meet the client’s brief
- Review and verify designs produced by direct reports and/or other team members, providing feedback as required and signing off designs before they leave the Practice
- Manage and control financial aspects of projects, co-ordinating input from other disciplines, and ensure that invoicing is carried out in accordance with agreed schedules
- Follow project management and QA procedures, and ensure that direct reports do so
- Lead / participate in regular team meetings to ensure that direct reports and/or project teammembers are informed of key deliverables, deadlines, progress, issues & changes
- Participate in induction arrangements for direct reports, ensuring that relevant and appropriate training and support is provided
- Conduct effective and timely performance appraisals with direct reports, ensuring that relevant and appropriate objectives and development needs are identified and recorded
- Monitor direct reports’ progress and development throughout the year, providing regular, focusedperformance feedback, and ongoing support and guidance as required
- Participate in marketing and business development activities, attending meetings and events, and contributing to the development of team/discipline/sector marketing plans
- Manage relationships with existing and prospective clients, maintaining regular and effective contact, and appropriate records
- Assist with Graduate recruitment as required (for instance by participating in careers events, assessment centres, work experience programmes etc.)
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Primary responsibility for the financial management of projects (including resource allocation andmanagement of WIP, invoicing & debtors), to ensure delivery in accordance with fee agreements
- Key point of contact for clients on projects. Significant responsibility for managing the client relationship
- Line management responsibility for an identified group of staff
- Delegation and supervision of work within project teams, and the provision of advice, guidance and coaching
- Checking and/or verifying the work of less experienced staff, in accordance with Operational Procedures
- Involvement in recruitment and selection activities, performance appraisals and performance management