The Kitchen department is looking for a Commis Chef to join the team. You should have a proactive attitude, excellent communication skills and an approachable and friendly personality.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and produce food for the section to which you are assigned to, meeting the standards agreed whilst working in conjunction with other chefs
- Adhere to the recipe and standard presentation of all dishes, demonstrating skill and attention to detail
- Ensure all necessary mis-en-place is fully prepared and ready for service
- Minimise wastage at all times
- Ensure that kitchen stations are kept clean, safe and hygienic at all times in adherence to Health & Safety & HACCP guidelines
The ideal candidate for the Commis Chef position will enjoy working within a friendly and productive team and have excellent communication skills. This is a full-time position, working five days a week between Monday and Sunday.
The ideal candidate for the Commis Chef position should have:
- Previous experience in a similar role within a four or five star hotel or fine dining restaurant
- A good health and safety and food hygiene awareness
- Good knowledge of using a wide range of kitchen equipment
- Communicate effectively in English
- Be eligible to work in Ireland
- Be positive, punctual, reliable and have a flexible attitude
This position has excellent progression opportunities within renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
Some of the Benefits available to our team:
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection, The Travel Corporation and some UK Relais & Châteaux properties
- Uniforms and dry cleaning service provided free of charge
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
- Professional training and development opportunities (79 in-house courses to avail of)
Ashford Castle is an Equal Opportunities Employer